Frequently Asked Questions
What are you doing to keep customers safe during The Coronavirus Pandemic?
- To avoid people needing to walk around the studio and the potential for cross contamination, we no longer keep the paint bottles out for people to help themselves to colours. Each table now has their own trolley containing all the paints, brushes and tile palettes that you will need during your session. These will be cleaned down after each group has finished painting.
- All brushes, tiles etc are washed after each paint session and sprayed with a virucidal cleaner.
- Chairs, tables and other often touched items are also cleaned with a virucidal spray after each paint session.
- The studio is thoroughly cleaned at the end of each day.
- Staff will wear masks when serving you.
- We maintain a log of who has come into the studio to paint in order to support the 'Track and Trace' system.
How does a 'Creative Cafe' work?
- Choose the piece of pottery you would like to paint from our collection.
- Get creative and paint whatever comes to mind. We provide the paints and brushes and we are always to happy to offer tips and suggestions!
- When you are finished, we glaze and fire your creation and keep it safe until you collect it.
How much does it cost?
We charge a studio fee of £3.50 per group of up to 4 painters, with an extra 50p for each additional painter. This covers the costs of the paints, glaze, firing and studio time. You then pay for the items that you choose to paint. We have a wide selection with pieces to suit all budgets.
Do I need to book?
You are always welcome to pop in and see if there is space. However we do recommend booking to ensure that you don't miss out. If you are running late for a booking, please do let us know so that we can hold the table for you. During busy periods, if you are more than 20minutes late for your painting session we will open the table back up for walk-in bookings.
How long does it take?
Most people spend about an hour painting, but groups and larger pieces will take a little longer. During peak times we limit painting to two hour slots.
Do you serve food and drink?
We serve hot and cold drinks, as well as a selection of treats and homemade cakes.
How old do you have to be?
At Serendipity we encourage everyone to get creative. There are no age limits or restrictions, although the little ones may need a helping hand.
Are the paints safe?
All the paints and glaze that we use are non-toxic and completely safe. They are water based so any splashes wash easily out of clothes. Once your pottery has been glazed and fired it becomes fully functional and safe to use with food and drink.
Can I put my finished pottery in the dishwasher and microwave?
We recommend hand washing your pieces to keep them looking their best for years to come. Using a dishwasher can cause the colours to fade over time and the glaze may begin to crack.
Pottery pieces are not microwave safe.
When can I collect my finished pottery?
Items are usually ready to be collected 7-10 days after painting, but we'll send you a message to let you know exactly when you can pop in to pick it up. We can send your finished pottery to you if you are unable to collect, but there are delivery costs involved with this so please do speak to us about this option.
Can I book Serendipity Creative Cafe for my party?
Of course! Give us a call or take a look at our 'Parties and Events' page for more information.